I forgot the password to log in to the ECCS/UTAS/ITC-LMS etc. What shall I do?
If you have registered your email address with the UTAS, you can use the online password reset.
- Access to the UTokyo Account User Menu and select the link on the bottom of this page.
- Log in using your UTokyo Common ID of 10 digits followed by "@utac.u-tokyo.ac.jp" (e.g. firstname.lastname@example.org). You can find your UTokyo Common ID at the bottom right-hand corner of your student/staff ID card.
- You will receive an email on the address you have registered. Follow the instructions of the email.
If you have not registered your email address yet, you can receive a reissued password at the counter.
- Ask the educational/academic affairs office of the department/school you belong to. You can also ask the help desk of the Information Technology Center on Komaba or Hongo campus.
- You will get a temporary password and you must reset your own password on your own smartphone/laptop. You can also use the guest account on the ECCS terminal.
- The official announcement is here:
- We recomennd you to register your email address which is usually familiar to in advance, and if so, you can reset your password without visiting the help desk.
- For academic/administrative staff: You may register your email address with the Employment Management My Web. Follow the steps above to reset your password online. You can also refer to the UTokyo Potal (intra-campus network only).
- Information for students who are unable to go to the help desk to have their passwords reissued is available here (If you have forgotten your password(ECCS FAQ)).
- Preparing information leakage accidents, the Information Technology Center holds users’ account files as cryptograms which nobody can decode (hash values). Nobody other than you knows your own password, so the Information Technology Center has no choice but to reissue the new password.