- I cannot log in to both Mac and Windows environments of the ECCS terminals.
There are three causes.
- The user ID or the password you typed is not correct.
- User ID is 10-digit numbers.（On the right-down edge of your student ID, there are 18-digit numbers, but user ID is only low 10-digit numbers.）
- Check Caps Lock and Num Lock.
- Keyboard assignments can be different from what you expect. Using user ID fields, check your password typed.
- Your password expires.
- The password expires after one year.
- How to check: Password expiration date is shown on the Password Change page of UTokyo Account user menu. You can use a guest account on ECCS terminals to check it.
- How to solve: To register the new password on the same page.
- =>UTokyo Account(www.u-tokyo.ac.jp)
- =>Password expiration date(ECCS FAQ)
- You don’t have a right to use the ECCS.
- How to check: Whether the use of ECCS is enabled or not is shown on the ECCS Account Information page of ECCS user menu.
- Even if you can use ECCS Cloud Email, you cannot use ECCS terminals without a right to use the ECCS.
- How to solve (students): Please take the ECCS online new user information seminar and pass the test.
- You can use a guest account on ECCS terminals ECCS to take the course if you have an earphone.
- It will take at most one hour to be able to log in after passing the test.
- =>How to take the "ECCS Online New User Information Seminar"(ECCS FAQ)
- Note: however, after 14:00 on Wednesday, 2/22/2023, you will not be required to take the online new user training course. Instead, you will need to apply for ECCS usage rights from the ECCS Application menu. For details, please refer to the following page: "Change in the Method of Obtaining the Right to use ECCS for Students (from 14:00 on 2/22/2023)".
- How to solve (faculty and staff): Please apply for use.